MAC Stands for “Media Access Control Address“. It is a hardware identification number that uniquely identifies each device on a network. The MAC address is manufactured into every network card, such as an Ethernet card or Wi-Fi card, and therefore cannot be changed. In this article you will learn how to find Mac address in 2 simple ways.
You may need the MAC address for various functions at some point in your life. So, it will always be helpful to know how to find out mac address in Ubuntu.
Using Networks Manager
- Go to System Settings.
- Select Network.
- Click on the arrow next to your current connection (Wired or Wifi connected to).
- Then mac address will be available under the name Hardware address.
Using command line
- Open Terminal ( Ctrl+Alt+T)
- Copy the following code:
ifconfig| grep HWaddr
- And, paste in the terminal ( Ctrl+Shift+V ).
- Hit Enter and you will see your computer’s Mac address